Monday, October 22, 2007

Baguio Revisited











Baguio has marked the different phases of my life. My visits there have marked important milestones. As a child the usual activities like the riding a horse at Wright park, shopping for vegetables at the Market, peanut brittle and watching a cadet drop his sword during a PMA parade were my memories. In college it was going to the disco in the same hotel that collpased two months later during an earthquake. There were other trips made to that city in between done for shopping for vegetables andscurrying the ukay ukay stalls when it was still a fashionable thing to do. I remember eating strawberries with sugar bought from McDonalds. I remeber having pictures taken while riding the boat at Burnham park. I remember riding the bike. Stolling along the path leading to the Mansion. Eating ube at the Good shepherd. Shivering at night because of the mountain air. And the old ice cream shop at mile high at Camp John Hay.

But like life the city has evolved and too much progress with unchecked development have made it a place like any other. I do hope that the magic the cold air brings still preserve the best of the city has to offer.

No comments:

The International Breastfeeding Symbol

May sasabihin ako sayo.

May sasabihin ako sayo.
Powered By Blogger