Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Matters


I thought I have been strenghtened by all those years in training seeing premature babies die. But each new one becomes my son or daughter and as I guide them through the rough road of the first days of their lives, they become a part of me. And it still hurt seeing some of them go.

Today I lost another one after a long battle with difficult feeding which turned out to be an obstructed bowel, he underwent an exploratory laparotomy. He was doing fine the first two days, but a hospital acquired infection set in quickly and spread like fire burning paper. The medicines could not alter the course and in four hours, he succumbed to death. I admired most his mother who despite two abortions and a neonatal death, she was calm and composed. It was me who wanted to cry. I have lost another one. I have another angel in heaven. I hope my angels would all help me now so I can save the lives of their brothers and sisters to come.

No comments:

The International Breastfeeding Symbol

May sasabihin ako sayo.

May sasabihin ako sayo.
Powered By Blogger