Friday, July 31, 2009

Cory Aquino Dead at 76, one of the last true Filipino


In true Filipino style, our beloved tita Cory passed away while the fifth sorrowful mystery was being recited at her bedside, on the glorious Saturday of the first day of the month her husband was assasinated. She died at 3:18 am this morning as confirmed by his only son, Noynoy. I was trying to find sense among all the condolences from prominent people on the three different channels on tv. But it was not until GMA 7 run clips of her much applauded speech at the US Congress where she said "I now I come back to you as a president of a free nation." that I remembered her importance. Then at the end a clip from Jessica Soho's interview, "Nagpapasalamat ako sa Diyos na ginawa nya akong Filipino katulad ninyo." It was at that time that I cried.


No other death of a prominent Filipino since Ninoy's death broke my heart. I guess no other will after her. To Cory Aquino, maraming salamat po.

No comments:

The International Breastfeeding Symbol

May sasabihin ako sayo.

May sasabihin ako sayo.
Powered By Blogger