Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Diary

The first time I had a chance seeing her was when I opened the door as I was leaving the last day of my class. I walked across the stretch of corridor that leads to the stairs and I was greeted by familiar faces and her. Short brown hair and hazel eyes with a lanky walk trying to orient herself in her new surroundings. I proceeded greeting the last person on the line heaving as I made my way four floors down.

It did not occur to me that we will meet again that night as I entered my friends car, I was greeted this time by a familiar face. I still could not figure out the features in the dark but when we got to the well lighted restaurant I knew she had me. It was typical of me to set a distance. My long held notion was to worship from afar and see how things work out. But nothing follows most of the time. Afraid to take a chance, I quietly contended with talking about the weather and the traffic.

But the hazel eyes won't quit me. They haunted me while I drive, while I lay waiting for sleep to come, while I sip my coffee like with fever spikes at unpredictable times of the day. I was maimed and sick in a wonderful kind of way.

I tried every known cure. But I know it is the calmness of her face as she walks past me like a whisper of an angel that can calm my beating heart.

No comments:

The International Breastfeeding Symbol

May sasabihin ako sayo.

May sasabihin ako sayo.
Powered By Blogger