Sunday, September 14, 2008

Singapore Again (Pancit na naman)


It is summer in Europe. So our family was once again reunited after a long time two years. I was planning the trip to Singapore for like forever. I was on the internet most of the time trying to make the best schedule for the two day trip. As the date was nearing, hitches began to seep in. Mama was still in depression and was worrying about the smallest details. My sister-in law was pregnant. And they got swindled off their airplane ticket. So that means fewer money to spend.

But I was determined to go on with this trip since this is the first time the whole family will be together on a trip abroad. It was also the first time Mama will be going out of the country. So no matter how expensive this ws going to cost me, I was hell bent on going.

We were in the Centennial terminal waiting for the flight to Singapore. Mama was agitated about the immigration, our luggage, our itinerary. I realized its from her where I got the nerves. The fear of doing something new. It might be really nervewracking to go on your first international trip at 76. So I was there to give her encouragement and support. I was caregiver. My brother was excited and he wanted to do everything except that he forgot that his wife is pregnant and Mama can walk and ride the metro or the other contraptions.

We went to Sentosa. Mama did not tell me inside the cable car that she was afraid the whole 10 minutes. She was complaining about the long walks and the bus ride. But I guess she i did enjoy the underwater world. She did saw sharks, manta rays and manatee. She rode the cable car. We went to the night safari. I wished we could have visited other spots.

When I showed her the pictures, she said "Yun lang?" We were confined in the hotel room most of the time because her knees were painful. She was cold when we were walking at the Merlion park. That time I was furious of myself for letting her come and was afraid I maybe raising her blood pressure.

But we did have fun. It did not matter if my brother and I clashed in our opinions. It did not matter if I have to pay more. There are certain things that are priceless, like being together, laughing, making memories.

No comments:

The International Breastfeeding Symbol

May sasabihin ako sayo.

May sasabihin ako sayo.
Powered By Blogger