Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Talented Spin-off

We have been glued to the blog of Brian Gorrel and the misadventures of DJ Montano and the Gucci Gang for quite awhile now. It has validated that mysterious reason why I prefer the Inquirer over the Star.

I never could explain why, but I never liked the Philippine Star ever since and have not read it except if it's the only paper left when the stewardess is handing out the papers at the start of the flight. I would agonize over columns written like elementary school kids and an occassional romp by a high school magazine editor.

Anyway, I refuse to think they can do it but what I am afraid of may just actually be happening. I have heard the stories my friends using the internet in China and not being able to find any google results for some terms. I didn't believe it. i told them it could be a glitch. Until the past four days of attempting to open Brian's site, the site downloads after scrolling a few lines the screen suddenly poofs, I get a scrren that tells me I have no internet access. Is it a virus? Or there is now an existing overlord of internet blog posts? Democracy ending in a medium that was suppose to propel it. Let me be the first one to say good-bye to an era.

No comments:

The International Breastfeeding Symbol

May sasabihin ako sayo.

May sasabihin ako sayo.
Powered By Blogger