Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Uniquely Singapore








Everytime I come back to this city state I discover something new. It was a difficult decision to come back and spend my vacation here. I told myself I have seen enough of the country to last me a lifetime. But I was mistaken. We were billeted this time at the opposite end of the Singapore river. The first night we went for a walk along the banks and discovered a lot of things that amazed us. The bridges vary in design and purpose. My favorite of course is the bridge painted by Pacita Abad. The establishments delighted us and was like an urban Boracay. The next day we toured all the museums along the civic district. The Singapore Arts Museum it turned out was a former Catholic school with the image of St. John Baptist de la Salle on the entrance. The National Museum was exhibiting Greek masterpieces from the Louvre. The nearest thing I can get a view of the works before I can afford to go to Paris. Of course, the Esplanade has always been a focal point of all my satys in the island this time I get to watch performances. I got to tour Little India longer compared the last time when I got scared by the idea and the smell. But it was ignorance as I found out. The people in Little India were the best and friendliest among all the areas in the country I've been to.

So why do I keep coming back to Singapore? It's not the usual thing all the time. It changes. It's vibrant. It's uniquely Singapore.

No comments:

The International Breastfeeding Symbol

May sasabihin ako sayo.

May sasabihin ako sayo.
Powered By Blogger