Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Boracay food Rants


Here are the lost causes. Maybe I have expected too much from these places, but we were paying good money so I suppose its not just the taste but the service as well which should be worth the price.

The famous NigiNigi eat all you can Huevos Mexicanos. So how much eggs can you eat for breakfast? Just a plate. If it tasted better, I would have asked for more. But no, the green and red pepper strips were getting in the way as I was chewing through what a bit of egg shell. Good there was slices of bread and marmalade on the side.

Another famous place, Fridays. We got the house specialties, duck and ostrich. Excited as we were after waiting under the sweltering heat we got blood on our cooked birds. The waiter forgot to ask how we wanted our dish done. Too bad. After serving the waiters were nowhere to be found. I guess if you are made to wear polo and rubber shoes on a seaside restaurant, you would rahter take the heat inside the kitchen than attend to your guest. I have heard my friends tell me great things about this place but it so sad they could not have lived up to their reputation for all their guests.

Cafe del Mar. Spawned a techno CD long before Armand Tahanglangit invented Boracay sound. But the mermaid margarita stained my yellow shirt blue and didn't tasted half as good. We thought we were going to have chili crab Singaporean style, but instead it was crabs in coconut. I could not read in the dark surroundings of the beach lounge area. But disappointing, I have tasted crabs better somewhere else at tenth of its price. I do commend the croutons on the mashed squash on coconut cream soup. But otherwise, just get your San Miguel if you're planning to eat here.

Worstest place to eat. Lemon Cafe. Going to the D'mall is like going to a mall in
Manila. It's like they have taken a piece of the crazy city into paradise which entirely ruined it complete with eye-candy ferris wheel. So The cafe was the only thing that stood out different. But having pineapple lemon shake for a bestseller must be a joke. This was what the waitress recommended. It was like sour mixed with sour. To top it I ordered lemon tarts that was sour as hell. Hey, that's why it's called lemon cafe. They don't even have ice water. And they have like four people behind the counter and only one pregnant girl waiting on the tables. Talk about labor injustice. So I just ended up finding solace taking a picture of the ferris wheel.

No comments:

The International Breastfeeding Symbol

May sasabihin ako sayo.

May sasabihin ako sayo.
Powered By Blogger