Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Boracay Food Raves








Anybody can do a review but not anybody can write a book. But reviews give readers a chance to say what they exactly feel about the work and serves as a way for the writer to improve. Too bad I grew up in a culture where comments are seen as destructive as if all of us werte created perfect.

So to make this an official blog, the next posts will be all about food I have sampled during my recent Boracay trip.

Let's start with the two bestest. I could not decide which but hands down Dos Mestizos and Nami are winners.

Enter a perfectly lit up restaurant not too dark not too bright, you are warmly greeted by the manager, Javier and the bubbly waitress Joan. The lemon mojito is to die for probably, the best in the island. The paella valenciana was superb, rivals those in Manila. The Callos had flavors of ox tripe drowned in spices instead of tomato sauce. But what I loved most was the fresh squid stuffed with tomatoes, slightly salted eggs and onions, every bite had juices blending into one perfect flavor. The dessert was delicate custard cream with faint hints of sweetness and mangoes.

The restaurant was run efficiently with personalized service. Here, they will actually give you good advice as to what is good on the menu. I don't even know of any restaurant which will give away the brand of their balsamic vinegar. These were what made the old Boracay restaurants different from the others on the rest of the islands. Coupled with food that did not disappoint me, this is the perfect place to eat in Boracay.

I had lunch in Nami. The table was set on a balcony with a breath taking view of Diniwid Beach. If you hate the pandemonium on white beach, then this is the last remaining vestiges of what Boracay was like ten years ago before concrete roads and buildings have taken over the island. I got lamb for lunch. Probably the best lamb I've had. Not that I have eaten lamb a lot of times. It has no aftertaste of gory bland lamb fat which I so hate about lamb. I stayed in Nami for a day, the service was excellent, the views stunning and the rooms well built. If you are going to splurge then this is the place to stay and eat as well.

No comments:

The International Breastfeeding Symbol

May sasabihin ako sayo.

May sasabihin ako sayo.
Powered By Blogger