Thursday, May 31, 2007

Breastfeeding


I was saddened when I learned I was not breastfed when I was a baby. I thought if I was breastfed I might have up my IQ points. I may not be suffering from asthma. I may not have bouts of depression. But I was part of that herd of the human population fed with cows milk without knowing the long lasting implications on the developing human body. At this age when we question the wisdom of fossil fuels and the degradation of our environment and the fall of civility and morals, isn't it about time that we question the effects of cows milk on society not just in terms of health concerns but the implications it has on how we behave. Have humans became cows? How about mad cow disease? Are we sure the prions were not transferred to processed milk? Is the future of the human race in one clean sweep altered because of the decision of mothers to not feed their children their own milk? I don't know how milk formula became so entrenched in human conciousness that it became the norm. Could be because of strong advertising campaigns. But do they have basis for that now. It is bad that nobody is out their telling mothers what is best for their babies.

No comments:

The International Breastfeeding Symbol

May sasabihin ako sayo.

May sasabihin ako sayo.
Powered By Blogger